I'm celebrating #TurkeyTuesday with Sweet potato (organic) turkey nachos!
I was so excited about these, cause I haven’t had nachos in years. There’s something about eating a pile of chips for a meal that is incredibly unappealing to me, not to mention quite unhealthy. But these crispy sweet potatoes provide the perfect crunch and vehicle for all the nacho topping goodness (straight to your mouth).
Featuring FosterFarms organic ground turkey. It’s organic meaning it’s free of antibiotics, growth hormones and steroids and they’re locally grown here in CA on organic land and fed an organic diet. I made this recipe in collaboration with Foster Farms.
(ORGANIC) TURKEY SWEET POTATO NACHOS
Note: I used a machine (the Veggie Bullet) to slice the sweet potatoes. You can also use a mandolin. This will make it significantly easier to cut them into chip shapes, but if you don’t have anything you can cut these traditionally.
1 -2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 package of Foster Farms organic ground turkey
Nacho toppings of your choice; I used:
Organic shredded cheese
Organic black beans
- Preheat oven to 400 on Convection bake
- Line a pan with parchment paper
- Cut your sweet potatoes into chip shape (see the above note to see how I did it)
- Thinly spread out your sweet potato chips on the parchment lined pan and pour over avocado (or coconut) oil and generously grind pink salt over them
- Bake the sweet potatoes for about 30 mins. I suggest watching them after around 20 mins, making sure you don’t burn them
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare your toppings (cut the cilantro and green onion), cook your black beans and cook your ground turkey over the stove in a pan
- Once the sweet potatoes are nice and crispy pull them out and transfer to a plate. Load them up your turkey and all your desired toppings and consume immediately!