These muffins were inspired by some Nutella stuffed muffins I found online a few days ago. I wanted to make something similar but in true Courtney fashion, I had to find a way to make them out of real food. Have you seen the ingredients in Nutella? Junk. Not to mention the (white refined) sugar content is off the chains! For every serving of Nutella there is the equivalent of 5 packets of sugar - FIVE.
Now enter Jem Organics Hazelnut Raw Cacao butter, with only 4 real food ingredients, low glycemic coconut sugar and half the amount of sugar. Added bonus- it tastes just like Nutella, but honestly better in my opinion! This is the "nutella" I used in these muffins. Also if you head over to their website and use the code REALFOOD, you'll get 20% off! You must try the cinnamon red maca almond butter- it's unlike any nut butter I've ever had.
Anyways enough about nut butters, lets get to the muffins!
“NUTELLA” stuffed PALEO muffins
1 cup of almond flour
1 cup of coconut flour
4 eggs (or chia seed/flax seed eggs or egg replacer)
1 tbsp honey
1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Jem Organics Hazelnut raw cacao butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix the eggs, vanilla & honey
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Mix for a few minutes until clumps are mostly gone
- Scoop the batter into oil sprayed muffin tins or muffin liners
- Stuff about 1 tsp of Jem Hazelnut raw cacao butter into the middle of each muffin
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are just barely browned.
- Let cool and enjoy!