Fried "rice" with a hidden vegetable
The first time I tried this "rice" I couldn't believe it. So I tried it again and tested it on some friends. Yep. Still good. and you would never guess it was made with CAULIFLOWER (?!)
I know...you're probably thinking "ew!" but please trust me and try it. If I just made you take a bite and told you it was fried rice you would never know. This would be great for kids when you need to sneak in some more veggies in their diet! Or for when you're having one of those nights where you want to eat the entire bowl of rice by yourself- and you can cause it's just cauliflower! And cauliflower is extremely good for you so go ahead and eat that entire bowl, I dare you. Then I'll high five you, for health and stuff.
This goes great with chinese dishes or is even delicuous on it's own with some shrimp or chicken (organic of course!)
Cauliflower Fried Rice
½ head of Cauliflower - blended into "rice" ** see note below
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup - 1 cup of peas
3 Tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce)
2 chopped green onions
Pink salt to taste
*** Break up the head of cauliflower into pieces. Blend in a few batches (not on high! This is important. If you blend too high it will turn into mashed cauliflower - make mashed "potatoes" if this happens! Blend until broken up, will look like rice!
- Sautee garlic with coconut oil over low to medium heat be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in carrots and peas and sautee for 2-3 minutes
- Add in Cauliflower "rice" along with green onions
- Crack 2 eggs in making sure to fold into the rice
- Add Tamari and salt
- Continue to stir and mix all the ingredients for a few minutes until all ingredients are thoroughly cooked and mixed. Taste and see if it needs anymore salt or tamari
- Take off the stove and serve will still hot!