If you haven't noticed yet I have this thing with coconut. And dark chocolate. Both have amazing health benefits and are equally as delicious. Generally I like to enjoy both with less sugar involved, but sometime you just have to "treat yoself" (any Parks & Rec fans in here?!)
Best part? No baking involved!
You will need the Dark Chocolate Merry Bites from Hail Merry for your crust.
Dark Chocolate Tart with Macaroon Crust
18 Hail Merry Dark Chocolate Merry Bites (the equivalent of 3 bags & you will have some left over for snacking!)
1 bag of bittersweet or dark chocolate chips (10 ounces)
1.5 cups of a mixture of full fat canned coconut milk & almond milk- I poured half coconut milk and half unsweetened vanilla almond milk into the measuring cups
1 tablespoon of Non-GMO corn starch (you could also use arrowroot starch or tapioca starch)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maldon sea salt flakes for topping
1. Make sure your merry bites have been sitting out of the fridge so they’re nice and soft. Mold them together and form a crust in your pie pan. Put in the freezer to harden.
2. Put the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and corn starch at medium heat until it barely starts to bubble. Meanwhile, whisk very well until the lumps disappear. Remove from heat and add in the coconut oil, combining well.
4. Pour the milk mixture over the chocolate chips and let sit for a few minutes, letting the chocolate melt. Add in vanilla extract, then stir very well until all is melted and the mixture is smooth, glassy and creamy. Let cool down for about 5-10 minutes in the fridge
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into your macaroon crust then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let it set.
6. Finally top with the maldon flakes, cut and serve! ***Do not cover in the maldon flakes until right before you serve or they will dissolve into the tart pretty quickly!