ANXIETY REDUCING GUMMIES!
I have struggled with anxiety for most of my adult life. One thing that has really helped me is supplementing Magnesium. Sometimes a magnesium deficiency manifests into anxiety. Magnesium is a calming mineral that is especially effective for people who suffer from panic attacks, something I used to suffer from myself. It also helps with nervousness, anxiety and irritability and its good for our heart and arteries!
I discovered CALM Magnesium about 5 years ago and I have been drinking it every night before bed. I noticed a huge difference in my anxiety. I especially love CALM because its a nice wind down drink at night that helps me get ready for sleep. It also tastes incredible, I've been tempted to use it as a mixer for my vodka (haha this is no joke!!)
You must be wondering, why gelatin? Shockingly enough, gelatin has wonderful healing properties, more specifically in the gut. Just make sure you use organic, grass fed gelatin, otherwise you will be consuming gelatin from a sick animal full of hormones, antibiotics and pesticides (from the GMO feed). Gelatin is the cooked form of collagen. When we consume collagen it helps restore our bodies collagen, resulting in more supple skin, less wrinkles, lubricated joints, healthier skin, hair & nails, and healthier guts! Proteoglycans, present in collagen, have significant healing properties for the gut, and which is especially significant for people with digestive disorders such as leaky gut, IBS, and Crohn's.
I have a video all about the healing properties of collagen that you can watch here:
CALM MAGNESIUM RASPBERRY LEMON GUMMIES
Yields 15 gummies
Note: You can use any combo of fruit and CALM flavor you like! Each gummy will have the equivalent of 1 tsp of CALM Magnesium.
1 cup of coconut water
½ cup Berries, pureed (I used raspberries & pureed in my vitamix)
5 Tbsp CALM Magnesium (I used Raspberry Lemon)
4 Tbsp of Vital Proteins Grass Fed Gelatin
- Have all ingredients ready to go before starting
- Simmer coconut water over the stove, slowly starting to stir in the gelatin, 1 tbsp at a time. Stir to release any clumps. Make sure to not overheat the coconut water.
- Stir in the pureed berries
- Remove from heat and stir in the CALM. It will bubble for a few minutes, but the bubbles will go down.
- Let cool down slightly if it got too hot.
- Pour into molds and refrigerate until hard. I got mine here off amazon.
- I like to store mine in the fridge – I think they taste better cold!